by rhart | Mar 18, 2020 | From The Pro, Golf News, Golf Tips, Wentworth Golf News
According to Dr Catherine Troisi, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston on golfdigest.com…
“Sunlight and other environmental conditions can kill viruses like this, so it is probable that that is true for this novel coronavirus, as well. So I would say in the actual playing of golf, you’re not at much risk.”
So if you’re thinking about what to do during our new “shelter in place” world, you might want to consider playing a little golf. You’ll be outdoors in the fresh air and getting a little exercise too.
But best of all, it will help take your mind off of the crazy situation we are all in.
But you still might have questions…
Q: What about the pin? Aren’t people touching it?
A: With the new rules you can just leave the pin in. No need to touch it at all.
Q: What about in the clubhouse
A: Of course you still need to wash your hands and watch out for surfaces that might have the vaccine. But at all Ace courses we are doing extra cleaning and making sure hand cleaner is readily available.
- Each Golf Cart Comes With A Sealed Sanitized Wipe
- All Doors, Entries, and Countertops Are Routinely Cleaned
- Please Keep the Flag Sticks in While Golfing. Use Your Glove Hand To Pick The Ball Out Of The Hole
- Bunker rakes have been removed
- Water Coolers have been removed and we are offering $1 bottles of water in the Pro Shop, on the Beverage Cart and in the Restaurant